A HINTZSCHE COMPANY
Long before our family first opened our doors, we at Hintzsche have understood the value of money. We know that every penny counts. That’s why we offer a variety of products and service options to get the highest return on the money you spend. No matter what size business you have, we know the solution. Hintzsche has the solution to serve you.
The Hintzsche Companies have been family owned and operated since 1962.
As an honest and trustworthy, family-owned company, we are committed to establishing and maintaining long-term and mutually-profitable partnerships with our customers and employees.
Hintzsche provides innovative products, information and services to the agriculture community.
HISTORY OF THE HINTZSCHE COMPANIES
Hintzsche Fertilizer, Inc. is the leading independent multi-location agronomy retailer in north-central Illinois. Founded by two brothers, Richard and Kenneth Hintzsche in 1962, this unique second-generation company began as a small feed and grain business.
Since that time, it has evolved into extensive agronomy, petroleum, feed, pork and seed divisions, employing over 145 full-time employees.
- 1962 Two ambitious farmers, Ken and Rich Hintzsche,founded the company
- 1963 New feed mill was built at Troxel
- 1965 Fluid fertilizer plant was built at Troxel
- 1967 Acquired Sycamore Feed Mill
- 1968 First Big A applicator was purchased
- 1969 Acquired Yorkville Feed Mill (D&H Ag Center)
- 1971 Built grain elevator at Troxel
- 1976 Acquired Kirkland Feed Mill and Grain Elevator
- 1979 Acquired DeKalb Fertilizer (with two new plants in DeKalb and Kirkland)
- 1984 Acquired Hinckley Grain Co. (locations in Hinckley and Waterman)
- 1987 Built 6.5 million bushel grain storage in Troxel and Waterman
- 1990 Acquired Maple Park Oil Co.
- 1992 Acquired Bowman Oil Co.
- 1994 Started Timber Ridge Pork (Sheridan)
- 1996 Established Hintzsche-Gould Pork
- Started seed business
- 1997 Started Premier Resource Alliance (PRA) agronomic services
- 1998 Established partnership with Ed Peterson Pork in Kingston
- 2000 Acquired Cortland-DeKalb Yards seed and grain business in Cortland
- 2000 Leased Fasco Grain facilities in Sycamore/Genoa
- 2001 Acquired Minooka plant
- 2002 Acquired Scarboro plant
- 2003 Purchased Maytown Pork from CGB and leased Hintzsche grain business to CGB
- 2006 Began Maytown Pork expansion in Amboy
- 2008 Built NPK Logistics, a UAN storage site on the Illinois River in Peru
- 2011 Acquired Burroughs Ag Services (with eight locations)
- 2012 Built third UAN storage tank at NPK Logistics
- 2013 Acquired Walter Seed & Fertilizer (Grand Ridge, IL)